TOWN OF OSCEOLA DECEMBER 12, 2017, MINUTES
DISPOSITION OF TOWN REAL PROPERTY KNOWN AS “SOLAR LANE”
- The Meeting was called to order at 6:16 p.m. by Chairman Thompson.
- Eight electors were present for the discussion of the Resolution Authorizing Disposal of Property known as “Solar Lane”—Kay Wege, Clerk; Tom Thompson, Chairman; Tom Abhold; Jim Walter, Supervisor 2; Joe Krakowksi; Hollie Nichols; Cheryl Kutz, Treasurer; and Terry Leininger, Supervisor 1. See attached sheet.
- Chairman Thompson explained the purpose of disposing of the town real property known as “Solar Lane” is that it was never dedicate to the Town or surveyed for the Town. No record in the minutes can be found to substantiate any claim to be a Town Road. The Town Board desires to be in complete compliance with State Statutes and regulations.
- Tom Thompson further explained that there are two ways to legally and properly Resolve to Authorize the Disposal of this Property:
- The Town may go to court and file an Abandonment claim OR
- The Town may use Quit Claim with the support of the Electors of the Town.
- Motion by Jim Walter and second by Joe Krakowski to dispose of real property known as “Solar Lane.” All were in favor. Motion carried.
- Motion by Jim Walter and second by Terry Leininger to adjourn the meeting at 6:22 p.m. All were in favor. Motion carried.
Respectfully submitted by Kay Wege, clerk